Intro to Groups
What are groups?
A group is a place for people in your organization with similar interests and goals to gather together and share ideas. Whether you’re collaborating on a project or coordinating community service projects, groups are a great way to communicate with like-minded colleagues.
Click the Groups link in the Cooleaf Dashboard to see the groups in your organization.
How do I join a group?
Click the Groups link in the Cooleaf Dashboard to see the groups in your organization. Next, click on the 'Join' button to join a group.
Can anyone join a group?
There are two types of groups:
The first type of group is a public group, which anyone in your organization can join.
The second type of group is a private group. The Admin creating the group has the ability to determine who will be added to the group. To be part of a private group your structure tags must match the required structure tags of the group. If your structure tags match the group’s required structure tags you will automatically be added to the group. If your structure tags do not match the group’s required structure tags you will be unable to see the group and therefore will be unable to join.
What is a group leader?
The group leader is the person responsible for managing the group. The group leader can add new people to a group and create group events.
Where do I find group members?
Group members are shown in the right panel.
How do I post in a group?
In order to post in a group, you must be a member of that group. To check to see if you are a group member, go to the group's page. If you are a member of the group, the button at the top of the page will say 'You are in'.
To post to a group page, use the Share an Idea feature:
- Click the green plus button in the top right corner of any page or the blue button on the home page to open the Share an Idea form.
- Write a 'Title' for your post.
- Write the post content in the 'Description' section.
- Under 'Share this post with:' select 'Group'.
- Select the name of your group from the dropdown.
- Select a tag from the dropdown.
- If you would like all members of the group to be notified of this post by email, check the box that says 'Notify selected people by email'.
- Click 'Post'! Your new post will appear on the group page.